DYNAMO

7 Apr 2016

For the 2nd consecutive year, a Nigerian teen gets accepted to all 8 Ivy League schools

 
Last year, it was Harold Ekeh, a Nigerian boy who relocated to the US when he was 8. This year, it is Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna, born in the U.S, to immigrant parents. They both attended the same high
school, Elmont Memorial High School, NY.

In an interview, Augusta said: “Though I was born here in America, I visited Nigeria many times. And I’ve seen that my cousins don’t have the same opportunities that I have. So definitely, whatever I do, I want to make sure that it has an impact on Nigeria.”

Harold Ekeh chose to attend Yale University. Uwamanzu-Nna plans to pursue a science-related major. On Monday, she received an invitation to the White House Science Fair. Another Nigerian, Chioma Onuoha, has been offered admission into 3 Ivy League schools, including Harvard…. bt she wants to study in Nigeria as an advocate of #buynaijatogrowthenaira….

2 comments: