DYNAMO

22 Mar 2014

"I would really love to see my wife's face"-Cobhams Asuquo


Award winning producer ,Cobhams who was born blind opened up to Punch about accepting who is is, but says he would love to see his wife's face
"I am not sure I want to turn back the hands of time for anything, not even for the gift of sight.I think I have overcome the desire for sight. I know it is a beautiful thing and it is absolutely necessary. Life is interesting and you do not know what it is going to throw at you, and for me, I am grateful for the gift of life. I enjoy my life and I don’t think I sit and imagine what my life would be like if I could see. Quite honestly, I want to see for stupid reasons. I want to see because I want to learn how to play golf. I am an optimist by nature and I don’t think I walk around saying I want to see. One other reason I would really love to have sight is to see my wife’s face but I have the privilege of touching it which is much better than seeing it."
On his wife...he said

My wife is a very practical person. I met her in a library; we were said...not supposed to be talking but I thank God we talked. We became great friends and it took us years before we began to date. Because she is a very practical and sensible person, she took her time to consider if it was something she really wanted to do. Between us both, I do my best to live a normal life. I do my best to be the man in her life. What is important is not visual impairment but how much of a man you can be in your woman’s life. Can I protect her, give her love, receive love from her and be grateful? There are so many components to a well-grounded life beyond sight. I think she is a very broad minded person and that has helped our relationship a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment