DYNAMO

5 Nov 2013

Would You Date/Marry Someone With Divorced Parents?





Someone actually asked this question and it touched me. Because I have divorced parents.

I've said it here before - My dad and my mum got separated when I was just 4 years old.
My dad remarried when I was 9 and unfortunately his second marriage still ended.
But I'm 29 now, three sons and will be celebrating my 5th very happy wedding anniversary 15th November.

So when I read this lady's question, I just couldn't walk past it - Would You Date/Marry Someone With Divorced Parents?
Anyone else with divorced/separated parents in the house? Pleaseeee, tell us your experience.


The lady said:
I am not sure if it's a good idea because 
1) People are a product of their environment. If a person is comfortable with being raised in a single parent home, he won't have a problem raising his children in that kind of environment either.   
2) History repeats itself.
3) A person who has divorced parents is more likely accept divorce as an option when they encounter hardships in their marriage.  
4) Who will they go to for advice when facing marital problems?   
What do you guys think? Would you feel comfortable marrying a person whose parents are divorced?
Personally, here's what I think:

Having parents that are divorced/separated wasn't my fault. I didn't choose that for myself so why should we suffer for it.
As long as the girl's character is good, pleaseeee marry her.

I plan to make a video on how I conquered this problem on my anniversary.

My marriage outlived my parents' marriage. That's a big achievement for me and God knows my 50th wedding anniversary is going to be soooo huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment